Lean IT Foundation
Organizations are constantly seeking new ways to improve customer satisfaction, service quality and value for the business. Lean IT is applied to transform your IT organization to a customer-focused, efficient and transparent IT organization that can deliver sustainable results to the business. This Lean IT Foundation training covers all elements to introduce you to Lean IT. After completion of the training, you will be able to participate effectively in a Lean IT transformation program. Many organizations have adopted Lean in order to increase customer satisfaction and to achieve greater strategic and financial value.
This Lean IT Foundation course is a 2-days, interactive learning experience. During the training, you will learn the fundamentals of Lean and how to apply Lean in an IT domain. In the training you will practice with exercises to build hands-on skills. The training will introduce you to the softer aspects of Lean IT like change approaches and how to change people’s behavior and attitude. All the exercises are related to IT, but no technical IT knowledge is required. This course is delivered using an exciting case study designed to further enhance the candidates understanding of Lean for IT. Students who have attended this course are prepared to successfully take the associated LITA certification exam which is a requirement for attending any of the further Lean courses available in this track.
Delegates will learn
• Understanding the basic concepts of Lean and its core principles.
• Apply the principles of Lean IT practices to provide necessary insight into business services and support IT assets, employees and processes.
• Be acquainted with the use of several Lean analysis tools and have an understanding of the application of the Lean IT philosophy in an IT environment.
• Provide insight into customer experience and identify the cause of problems to increase customer satisfaction.
• Align business services with IT to evaluate a service delivery solution and identify and reduce non-value adding activity.
• Streamline and automate compliance processes to lessen cost and risk.
• Designations are available to successful Kaizen and Leadership candidates.
We believe that Lean Thinking needs to be a part of every IT professional’s toolkit.
Understand the origin and development of the Lean and Six Sigma philosophies, and key elements
Understand and be able to identify the concept of waste
Learn about and how to apply Lean analytical tools
What is and how to apply A3 Thinking
What is and how to apply the cycle of continuous improvement: Plan-Do-Check-Act
Go Look and See (fact not emotion)
Value Stream Mapping
What is the concept of “Kaizen” (System, Process, Activity)
Standardize Work Practices
What is and how to apply 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
Visual Workplace (eliminate visual and mental noise)
Be able to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your organization
Be able to initiate, document, and implement process improvements
Reduce costs by eliminating waste and inefficiencies in your IT infrastructure and processes
Increase productivity through improved resource management
Increase user and customer satisfaction by focusing on delivering value
|Capacity||Max 12 Persons|
|Training Type||Classroom / Virtual Classroom|