WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Administration
This course teaches you the skills that are needed to install and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5. This release offers users enhanced support for standards, emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, you learn how to install, configure, and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 base, Network Deployment (ND), and the Liberty profile. You learn how to deploy enterprise Java applications in a single computer or clustered configuration. In addition, you learn how to work with features of WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5, such as IBM Installation Manager, WebSphere Customization Toolbox, security enhancements, Intelligent Management, and centralized installation.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises and demonstrations reinforce lecture content and give you practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5. You complete tasks such as installing and assembling applications, applying problem determination techniques, configuring a clustered environment, and working with fine-grained administrative security.
Delegates will learn how to
· Relate WebSphere Application Server to the WebSphere family of products
· Describe the features and standards in WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5
· Describe the architectural concepts that are related to WebSphere Application Server
· Install and configure WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5
· Install and configure IBM HTTP Server (IHS)
· Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
· Use WebSphere administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
· Use wsadmin scripting
· Configure WebSphere Application Server security
· Deploy applications in clustered environments
· View performance information about server and application components
· Use problem determination tools and log files to troubleshoot problems
· Configure messaging with the service integration bus
· Describe Intelligent Management features
· Describe WebSphere Batch features
· Describe the Liberty profile
· Install and configure the Liberty profile
This intermediate course is designed for administrators who install, configure, and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, lead application developers, and application architects can also benefit from this course.
The course is applicable to users running WebSphere Application Server on various platforms including IBM i systems.
WebSphere product family overview
WebSphere Application Server architecture - stand-alone
WebSphere Application Server architecture - federated
IBM Installation Manager
WebSphere Application Server installation
Web server installation
WebSphere Application Server administrative console
Introduction to the PlantsByWebSphere application
Introduction to wsadmin and scripting
Federating a cell
Introduction to WebSphere Messaging
Job manager and Centralized Installation Manager
Demonstration: Using the job manager
Overview of Intelligent Management
Overview of the Liberty profile
Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system.
|Capacity||Max 12 Persons|
|Training Type||Classroom / Virtual Classroom|