The Perl Programming course is a comprehensive course that explains the Perl programming language, from basic through advanced syntax. The course shows you how to use the Perl programming language to write quick yet powerful scripts and provides an overview of Common GatewayInterface(CGI) Programming, Object-Oriented Perl and Perl Debugging.
The Perl Programming course provides students with the fundamentals to create functional Perl scripts. The courseintroduces students to data structures, flow control mechanisms, regular expressions, and subroutines and modulesin the form of example scripts and lab scripts. The course concludes with an overview of implementing Perl withregard to Common Gateway Interface (CGI) Programming, Object-Oriented Perl and Perl Debugging.This course however, does not cover the construct of the Perl Programming Language itself or complex Perlfunctions used for high-level programming. Rather, it focuses mainly on the implementation of the language tocreate simple and functional Perl scripts.
Delegates will learn
· Describe the Perl Programming Language.
· Implement Scalars.
· List Control Structures.
· Implement Arrays.
· Describe Hashes.
· Implement Basic I/O and Regular Expressions.
· Describe Subroutines and Modules.
· Manipulate Files and Directories.
· Implement Perl.
Describing the Perl Programming Language
· Basic Elements of Perl Scripting
· Introduction to Perl
· Command-line Options used with perl
· Perl Documentation and Help
· Scalar Operators
· Assignment of Scalar Data to Scalar Variables
Listing Control Structures
· if Statements
· Loop Control Statements
· Scalar and List Context
· Back Quotes and Command Execution
· Array Functions
· Operations on Hash Elements
· Iterations on Hashes
· Hash Functions
Implementing Basic I/O and Regular Expressions
· Capturing, Back-Referencing and Greediness
· Other Features of Match Operations
· Substitute Operator
· Anchors and Quantifiers
· Basic I/O and Regular Expressions
· Translation Operator
Describing Subroutines and Modules
Manipulating Files and Directories
· Writing to Files
· Opening and Reading Files
· File and Directory Tests
· Process and System Commands
· Reading Directory Contents
· Creating a Basic Text Database
· Object-Oriented Perl Programming
· CGI Programming
· Perl Debugger
Exposure to any other programming language (C, C++, Java) Experience with shell scripting
|Capacity||Max 12 Persons|
|Training Type||Classroom / Virtual Classroom|