Creativity and Innovation
Don’t let your day-to-day responsibilities stifle you! In difficult projects, innovation can flourish when you generate ideas or gain support from stakeholders, balancing your tactical thinking and creative thinking. Not only will you practice a variety of techniques to access creative capacities, but you will also learn to develop persuasive cases to implement new ideas and get buy-in from stakeholders to act on those innovative ideas. You are encouraged to come to class with a problem, challenge, or goal that requires creative and innovative thinking.
Delegates will learn how to
· Recognize your potential for thinking creatively and enabling innovation
· Generate innovative solutions by discovering and testing creative ideas
· Create an environment that continually fosters creativity and innovation
· Develop a persuasive case for implementing an innovation
This course is designed for individuals at all professional levels seeking to tap into and enable creative thinking for themselves and others in the workplace to do the hard work that innovative problem solving requires.
Foundation for Creative Thinking and Innovation
· Understanding Creativity and Innovation
· Your Brain as a Connection Machine
· The Infamous “Box” in Our Mind
· Discussion: Your Creative Strengths
· Action Planning: Your "Creativity Walls"
Generating Creative Ideas
· Generativity Theory
· Techniques for Generating Ideas
· Techniques for Breaking Thought Patterns
· Action Planning: Starting to Get "Unstuck"
Fostering a Creative and Innovative Environment
· Conditions Needed to Build Innovation Capability
· Roles and Responsibilities
· Action Planning: Changing Your Environment
Converting Creative Ideas into Reality
· Types of Innovation
· The Innovation Process
· Concept Feasibility
· Action Planning Capstone: Creating a Persuasive Case for Innovation
There are no prerequisites for this course
|Capacity||Max 12 Persons|
|Training Type||Classroom / Virtual Classroom|