Advanced Reporting on the Web (Report Studio) with IBM Cognos
This Advanced Reporting on the Web (Report Studio) with IBM Cognos training class provides advanced techniques with IBM Cognos' Report Studio.Topics include the Query Explorer, bursting reports, advanced prompting, drill-through definitions, active reports, using external data, working with dimensional data and more.The course format includes lecture, instructor-led exercises and independent workshops.
Delegates will learn how to
- Create advanced queries including joins, unions and sub queries using the Query Explorer.
- Create prompts with static values.
- Create advanced prompts for use in sorting and conditional blocks.
- Apply bursting to reports.
- Import external data in Report Studio.
- Create basic active reports with data check box groups, data tab controls and data drop down lists.
- Create a dashboard with drill-through capabilities and a render variable.
- Create a table of contents.
- Apply dimensional reporting techniques with cubes.
This course is for report authors and developers who will create and maintain complex reports in Report Studio.
Review of IBM Cognos and Report Studio
Review of IBM Cognos
Review of Report Studio Reporting Techniques
Introduction to the Query Explorer
Build and modify queries from the Query Explorer
Create union and join queries
Create queries with SQL
Create child queries
Introduction to Bursting
Create a bursted report
Review of prompts
Prompts with static values
Prompts that perform sorting
Conditional formatting with prompts
Introduction to Active Reports
Understand Active Reports
Convertreports to Active Reports
Create Active Reports with Controls
Use External Data
Introduction to Using External Data
Link External Data to a Report
Link External Data to a Query Subject
Complex Report Examples
Advanced Drill Through
Table of Contents
Dynamic time periods
Working with Dimensional Models
MDX and Unique Member Names
Work with Context Filters and Member Sets
Work with Dimensional functions
Period to Date Calculations
Introduction to Event Studio
Examine Event Studio
Create an Agent and Task
HTML Items (Appendix)
Basic HTML in Report Studio
Import and Export XML Reports (Appendix)
View and Understand the Report Specification
Import XML Report Specifications
Export XML Report Specifications
Reporting on the Web (Report Studio) with IBM Cognos
|Capacity||Max 12 Persons|
|Training Type||Classroom / Virtual Classroom|