Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell
In this Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell training class students learn how to automate administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell 5.1. Students will learn core scripting skills such as creating advanced functions, writing controller scripts, and handling script errors and how to work with Windows PowerShell Workflow, the REST API and XML and JSON formatted data files. Students will also learn how to use new administration tools such as Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA) to configure and secure servers.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration.
Students should have a foundational knowledge of Windows PowerShell
Delegates will learn how to
· create advanced functions.
· use Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell.
· write controller scripts.
· handle script errors.
· use XML, JSON, and custom formatted data.
· enhance server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough Administration.
· analyze and debug scripts.
· understand Windows PowerShell workflow.
Creating Advanced Functions
- Converting a Command into an Advanced Function
- Creating a Script Module
- Defining Parameter Attributes and Input Validation
- Writing Functions that Accept Pipeline Input
- Producing Complex Function Output
- Documenting Functions by using Content-Based Help
Using Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell
- Using Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
- Using REST API in Windows PowerShell
Writing Controller Scripts
- Understanding Controller Scripts
- Writing Controller Scripts that Show a User Interface
Handling Script Errors
- Understanding Error Handling
- Handling Errors in a Script
Using XML, JSON, and custom-formatted data
- Reading, Manipulating and Writing Data in XML- formatted data
- Reading, Manipulating and Writing Data in JSON- formatted data
- Reading, Manipulating and Writing Data in custom- formatted data
Enhancing Server Management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough Administration
- Understanding Desired State Configuration
- Creating and Deploying a DSC Configuration
- Implementing Just Enough Administration
Analyzing and Debugging Scripts
- Debugging in Windows PowerShell
- Analyzing and Debugging and Existing Script
Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow
|Capacity||Max 12 Persons|
|Training Type||Classroom / Virtual Classroom|