Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
This five-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot your SharePoint environment. This course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that help you optimize your SharePoint deployment.
Delegates will learn how to
· Describe the key features of SharePoint 2016.
· Design an information architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Design a logical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Design the physical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Install and configure SharePoint 2016.
· Create and configure web applications and site collections.
· Plan and configure service applications for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Manage users and permissions, and secure content in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Configure authentication in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Configure platform and farm-level security in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Manage information taxonomy in SharePoint web applications and site collections.
· Configure and manage user profiles and audiences.
· Configure and manage the search experience in SharePoint 2016.
· Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud
Module 1: Introducing SharePoint 2016
- Key components of a SharePoint deployment
- New features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 deployment options
Module 2: Designing an information architecture
- Identifying business requirements
- Understanding business requirements
- Organizing information in SharePoint 2016
- Planning for discoverability
Module 3: Designing a logical architecture
- Overview of the SharePoint 2016 logical architecture
- Documenting your logical architecture
Module 4: Designing a physical architecture
- Designing physical components for SharePoint deployments
- Designing supporting components for SharePoint deployments
- SharePoint farm topologies
- Mapping a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design
Module 5: Installing and configuring SharePoint 2016
- Installing SharePoint 2016
- Scripting installation and configuration of SharePoint
- Configuring SharePoint 2016 farm settings
Module 6: Creating web applications and site collections
- Creating web applications
- Configuring web applications
- Creating and configuring site collections
Module 7: Planning and configuring service applications
- Introduction to the service application architecture
- Creating and configuring service applications
Module 8: Managing users and permissions, and securing content
- Configuring authorization in SharePoint 2016
- Managing access to content
Module 9: Configuring authentication for SharePoint 2016
- Overview of authentication
- Configuring federated authentication
- Configuring server-to-server authentication
Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Securing the platform
- Configuring farm-level security
Module 11: Managing taxonomy
- Managing content types
- Understanding managed metadata
- Configuring the managed metadata service
Module 12: Configuring user profiles
- Configuring the User Profile Service Application
- Managing user profiles and audiences
Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Understanding the Search Service Application architecture
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Managing Enterprise Search
Module 14: Monitoring and maintaining a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Tuning and optimizing a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Planning and configuring caching
- Troubleshooting a SharePoint 2016 environment
|Capacity||Max 12 Persons|
|Training Type||Classroom / Virtual Classroom|