Advanced Technologies of SharePoint 2016
This five-day course will teach you how to plan, configure, and manage the advanced features in a SharePoint 2016 environment. The special areas of focus for this course include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, and Microsoft Business Connectivity Services. This course also focuses on social computing features, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features. Students also will learn about business intelligence solutions, Enterprise Content Management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. This course also covers how to develop and implement a governance plan, and how to perform an upgrade or a migration to SharePoint 2016.
Delegates will learn how to
· Describe the core SharePoint 2016 architecture and its new and improved features.
· Describe the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016.
· Plan and design a SharePoint 2016 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery.
· Plan and implement Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service.
· Configure and manage productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Plan and configure social computing features.
· Plan and configure web content management for an Internet-facing environment.
· Plan and configure Enterprise Content Management in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
· Plan and configure business intelligence solutions.
· Plan and configure work management, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features.
· Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016.
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Module 1: Introduction to SharePoint Core components of the SharePoint 2016 architecture
- New, deprecated, and removed features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online editions
Module 2: Introduction to hybrid scenarios for SharePoint 2016
- Exploring the hybrid features in SharePoint 2016
- Preparing for a hybrid SharePoint 2016 deployment
Module 3: Designing business continuity management strategies
- Designing database topologies for high availability and disaster recovery
- Designing a SharePoint infrastructure for high availability
- Planning for disaster recovery
Module 4: Planning and implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
- Planning and configuring BCS
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Managing BCS models
Module 5: Configuring productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Understanding the SharePoint Add-in architecture
- Provisioning and managing apps and App Catalogs
- Provisioning productivity services
Module 6: Managing solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016
- Understanding the SharePoint 2016 solution architecture
- Managing sandboxed solutions
Module 7: Connecting people
- Managing user profiles
- Enabling social interaction
- Building communities
Module 8: Planning and configuring web content management
- Planning and implementing a web content management infrastructure
- Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
- Supporting multiple languages and locales
- Enabling design and customization
- Supporting mobile users
Module 9: Planning and configuring Enterprise Content Management
- Planning Enterprise Content Management
- Planning and configuring eDiscovery
- Planning records management
Module 10: Planning and configuring business intelligence solutions
- Planning BI architecture
- Planning, deploying, and managing BI services
- Planning and configuring advanced analysis tools
Module 11: Planning and configuring productivity and collaboration
- Planning and configuring collaboration features
- Planning and configuring composites
Module 12: Upgrading and migrating to SharePoint 2016
- Preparing for an upgrade or migration
- Upgrade to SharePoint 2016
- Planning and managing a site-collection upgrade
|Capacity||Max 12 Persons|
|Training Type||Classroom / Virtual Classroom|